1 The following lifestyle factor has been scientifically shown to be as potent a risk factor for premature death as smoking:
- Lack of grounding
- Sun avoidance
An estimated 12 percent of all U.S. deaths may be linked to inadequate sun exposure, and sun avoidance is as potent a risk factor for death as smoking. Learn more.
- Electromagnetic field exposure
- Having a body mass index below 35
2 These three factors have a far greater influence on your cardiovascular disease risk than high cholesterol:
- Low insulin, low iron and high saturated fat intake
- Vitamin D toxicity, magnesium deficiency and glyphosate insufficiency
- Iron overload, insulin resistance and chronic inflammation
High cholesterol is not a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Three factors that have a far greater influence on your CVD risk are iron overload, insulin resistance and chronic inflammation. Learn more.
- Sedentary behavior, low wireless radiation exposure and high sun exposure
3 Two former Snopes employees reportedly quit after discovering Facebook was paying Snopes and pushing fact-checkers to:
- Incite riots by tagging inflammatory articles as True
- Influence political processes in the U.S. and elsewhere
- Help sell confidential user data
- Debunk information that might hurt its advertisers
Two former Snopes employees quit after discovering Facebook was paying Snopes, and pushing fact-checkers to debunk information that might hurt its advertisers. Learn more.
4 The following has been established as the best available treatment for seasonal affective disorder (SAD) — a type of depression that strikes during winter months and resolve during spring and summer:
- Light therapy
Light therapy has been established as the best available treatment for SAD. Learn more.
- Placebo treatment
- Sauna therapy
5 As you get older, the following form of exercise becomes increasingly important, as it promotes healthy bone strength and good posture, and helps normalize hormone production:
- Aerobic exercise such as walking or jogging
- Resistance training such as weightlifting
Strength training only becomes more important with age. Working your muscles helps maintain healthy bone mass, prevents age-related muscle loss, improves perimenopausal symptoms in women and counteracts postural deficits that occur with age. Learn more.
- Low-impact exercises such as yoga or Tai Chi
- High-intensity exercises such as sprinting
6 How long does it take a plastic bottle to break down in the ocean?
- 100 years
- 15 years
- 450 years
It’s estimated that a plastic bottle can take 450 years to break down in a marine environment. But even then, it never goes away. It simply breaks down into smaller pieces that may persist in the environment forever. Learn more.
- 250 years
7 Hypnosis puts you into a state of:
Most meditation takes you into alpha brainwaves. Hypnosis takes you into theta, an even slower brainwave and a state in which you become highly suggestible, yet fully awake and aware of what you’re doing. Learn more.